Monday, November 3, 2008

Happy 45th Mom and Dad!!!

My siblings and I travelled to Creston British Columbia for a surprise anniversary party for our parents. Here they are when we all screamed "surprise!" There were about 100 of their friends and family in attendance. We were all glad to see that they were still standing after the yell. My mother kept yelling to my dad "the kids are all here!"
All the family ran up and hugged them. They were truly surprised. I think mom even said she had tried to call a few of us and no one was home. We had travelled from various areas, Colorado, Utah, California, Oregon and Saskatchewan.

My parents never had a wedding cake but tonight they did. They were very cute!! I still think they were in shock.
We had a dinner and a program where a few of us sang, read, cried and laughed. I love my parents very much and hope they had a great weekend!


4 comments:

The Wrights said...

Oretta, I got a little weepy when I read this. I bet that wonderful scrapbook was a hit!!

michelle manning said...

Oretta, this is so great! You guys did such an awesome job of surprising them!!!

Jill Manning said...

What a great surprise for them and what great children to put it all together!

The Clark said...

oh yeah! i was hoping to see shots of them when they got the surprise! thanks for posting. i hope you post more of the trip soon.